NHS and NJHS Induction: Honoring Bright Stars

Meredith Oldham, Features Editor

NHS Induction (16)

Noblesse Oblige,” these are the words spoken by NHS President and junior, Eliza Martin. “Nobility Obligates. This is the motto of National Honor Society.

Martin stands on stage. Beside her are other NHS and NJHS Officers. In front of her are parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings, faculty, staff, and fellow students. Below her are National Honor Society Inductees, their faces illuminated by small candles. Among these students is sophomore, Ally Reznicek.

Ally has been at the school since it’s third year, back in 2009. After not making it into NJHS in 7th grade, Ally persevered and applied again in 8th grade, when she was finally admitted. Now, Ally stands below the stage, as a sophomore,  holding a candle, pledging oath to National Honor Society, to which she has recently been admitted.

” I am so excited to finally be a part of NHS.  I feel like all of my hard work has paid off,” says Ally.

Ally’s mother, Nancy Reznicek, sits in the audience, beaming at her daughter’s accomplishments.

NHS Induction (43)

It was such a privilege to witness these extraordinary ladies being commended for their outstanding academic achievement.  The ceremony and dedications were heartfelt and very special,” says Mrs. Reznicek.

National Honor Society was founded in 1921, and honors students in grades 10-12 with extraordinary achievement in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. National Junior Honor Society was founded 1929, and honors students in grades 7-9 with extraordinary achievement in scholarship, leadership, service, character and citizenship. Today more than one million students across the globe participate in these organizations, and it is a great honor to be inducted.

Ally and the other inductees blow out their candles, with the smell of smoke in the air, and the knowledge that they are now officially part of the Ann Richards School National Honor Society.

More Info: NHS/NJHS Website