Ann Richards Birthday Bash 2013

in ARS News/Showcase by

dsc_0203_9On this typical Tuesday September evening, most high school students would be at home working away at homework and recovering from the taxing school day. However, this is no ordinary Tuesday evening for the Ann Richards School.

The Fifth Annual Birthday Bash was held on September 24th at the Umlauf Sculpture Gardens to celebrate and commemorate the life and accomplishments of Ann Richards and also raise money for the school, her legacy and namesake.

Casey Garcia, a senior, who was one of the featured speakers in the program was happy to have the opportunity. “Speaking at the Bash was such a great experience where I shared my personal story about my life at Ann Richards over the past seven years. I also had the opportunity to meet several new and interesting people.”

“The Birthday Bash for me, was the perfect way to be involved in an event that allowed me to show people how much we really love our school and how the work and effort put in actually makes a difference in girls’ lives,” said sophomore Violet Ames, a first time attendee of the bash.

dsc_0176_9

Ann Richards students like Violet mingled with guests, gushed about the Ann Richards School, indulged in a new treats, and some even spoke in front of hundreds of guests.

However, while Violet was a first timer at the bash, there are other students who’ve been attending the bash for years. They know what to expect and they’ve “got it down.” Sophomore, Perla Grimaldo- Ramirez, Student Body Vice-President, is no stranger to this annual bash.

“It is an amazing privilege to attend the Birthday Bash for the third time. It’s wonderful to be able to represent the school, and tell others what we already know, how magnificent ARS truly is,” said Perla.