Achieving their goals: Ann Richards 2017 soccer team makes history

Published on: March 31, 2017

Filled Under: Showcase, Soccer, Sports

Views: 244

Tags: , , , ,

For the first time in the history of the Ann Richards School, the high school Varsity soccer team has made it to playoffs. And that is not the only first of the 2017 soccer season: this year saw the first high school JV soccer team, and the first middle school soccer B team.

• Coach Langford discusses strategies with the Varsity Soccer Team during halftime. The score was 2-0 after the first half. Photo by Alexandra Lopez.
  • Mariel Pineda (12) hands the soccer ball to Araceli Rodriguez (11) to throw back onto the field. This game was the eleventh in the season for varsity soccer. Photo by Alexandra Lopez.
  • Sophie Moore (9) and Ahna Stewart high five to celebrate a goal in a Travis game. Photo by Ximena Sifuentes (9).
  • Charlen Puon-Alarcon (9) charges the ball in a Travis game. Photo by Ximena Sifuentes (9).
  • Isabella Aguilar (11) and Paola Escobedo (11) fight for the ball during a Lanier game. Photo by Ximena Sifuentes (9).
  • JV players put their hands into the middle of a huddle to do the team chant before beginning a game against Lanier High School. Photo by Photo by Ximena Sifuentes (9).
  • Elizabeth Monroy (9) throws in the ball during a Travis game. Photo by Ximena Sifuentes (9).
  • Annabel Martinez (11) kneels in honor of a hurt player during a game against Travis High School. Photo by Ximena Sifuentes (9).
  • Goalie Yadira Iglesias (11) slide tackles for the ball in an LBJ game. Photo by Ryanna Henson (11).
  • Mariel Pineda (12) charges for the ball in an LBJ game. Photo by Ryanna Henson (11).
  • Lucia Hruby (12) stands waiting for the game against LBJ High School to begin. Photo by Ryanna Henson (11).
  • Emmaline Jeansonne (11) stands on the field in an LBJ game. Photo by Ryanna Henson (11).
  • Araceli Rodriguez (11), Jazmin Martinez (10), Carmen Whitten (11), and Jackelyn Ortega (10) line up on the field in an LBJ game. Photo by Ryanna Henson (11).